- All coaches for Gordon Head at Lambrick Park Baseball Association are required to undergo an Criminal Record Check. Association code is V9FXGPZFK5.
- It is the Coaches responsibility to display and promote good sportsmanship and fair play of their team and parents at all times. Behave the way you want players and spectators too. Be positive and remember that all participants are special and important.
- Emphasize that participating and doing one’s best are more important than who wins or loses. Remind players that everyone is a valued member of the team.
- Keep it fun while developing their skills and constructive attitudes towards competition.
- Respect the Umpires and accept their decisions, do not argue with them. GHLPBA has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy regarding this. Actively encourage players to respect umpires and other competitors that without them there would be no game.
- Encourage communication between coaches, players and parents
- Learn and respect the rules of the games.
- Home Teams are responsible to line the field, fill in depressions and after the game they are to rake the infield, home plate and pitching mound areas. It is also the home team’s responsibility to return all equipment to the equipment room, empty the garbage and recycling from both dugouts and lock up, including the washrooms and/or clubhouse.
- Although it is not mandatory, the Gordon Head at Lambrick Park Baseball Association encourages coaches at all levels to complete a minimum of Level 1 initiation with NCCP. GHLPBA will pay for all Coaches who participate in coaching level courses. In some instances, a Coach may have to prepay their fee and then be reimbursed by GHLPBA. Any coach wishing to coach at during the summer season should obtain the certifications from NCCP.
- Coaches are responsible for all equipment and equipment bags.
- Coaches are to work with cu picking up team uniforms and distribution, all uniforms are keeper shirts for the players.
- One Head Coach and 1 Assistant Coach per team are "official" and will be protected during the draft at team formation.
- A Coach must be prepared to spend time practicing with their team in order that the players have a chance to develop skills and team spirit. During pre-season, several practices a week are desirable. As the season progresses practice sessions may vary in duration and frequency. Depending on the needs of the team, a practice will generally have some or all of the following elements in it:
- Skill demonstration
- Skill practice
- Chalk talk
- Scrimmage or practice
Run through Greater Victoria Baseball Association, players from across the city form All-Star teams at all levels (A, AA and AAA) from 1U - 18U
Coaching who are interested can apply directly to GVBA.
- Coaches will demonstrate a positive attitude and to lead by example
- Organize practices to further Player development
- Minimal practices during the Spring Season
- Could travel to tournaments on or off the island
- Have a minimum Level 2 NCCP certification if they go beyond Provincial Championships.